Happy New Year!

on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tonight was New Years Eve. I didn't do much, I was planning on going to Taipei, but I waited til' the last minute to make reservations and couldn't find anyplace to stay.


I did go go out to eat though. I originally set out to go by myself to a really good Japanese restaurant; However, when I got there, a couple and their friend sitting at the table next me invited me to eat with them. Say what you want about gay people, but those two guys were some of the coolest and nicest people I've met in my travels. Their friend didn't speak English very well, but she seemed nice too.


I gave my speech at the national press conference last night, it went well. I put a picture from on of the papers that covered that below. There are about 6 other papers that covered it, but I forgot to go get them until just now (10:30 pm) and this was the only paper that wasn't sold out.


This picture is funny because the caption insinuates that we're talking about somethng official, but in actuality Steve is just telling me that I need to find a date for New Year's Eve, because" only losers go out to eat on New Year's Eve alone."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe the two of you are in the newspapers. I'm glad that went well, but sorry you both are not feeling well enough to enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.