on Tuesday, September 9, 2008






On Saturday we went as a ward to Taipei as a ward for a temple trip. We took a charter bus up, and it took about 4 to 4 ½ hours to get there and the same to get back.
We made 3 stops on the way up and on the way back. The only place that we stopped that I know the name of is Taichung. It’s a pretty sizable city in the middle of the country. We only stopped there for about 20 minutes, so I didn’t really get much of a chance to look around.
Taipei is pretty cool, I noticed that there are a lot more white people in Taipei than there are here in Kaohsiung. There are some of the beautiful places I have ever seen in my life on the drive from Kaohsiung to Taipei. One big difference that I noticed about Taipei as opposed to Kaohsiung is sidewalks, Kaohsiung has no sidewalks and Taipei has a lot.
We pretty much just stayed in the vicinity of the temple while we were there. There is a road that Steve’s oldest son Joseph calls “Restaurant Road.” It’s a little road that has about 17 restaurants on it. We had some really good noodles there.
The temple is a lot smaller than it looks in the pictures.
On Friday my scooter’s battery died at the 7/11 at the end of the road that the school is on, it sucked. And just like the movies it immediately started raining cats and dogs just long enough for me to get good and drenched while walking back to my office. When I got inside, the rain stopped.
Andy, the Taiwanese/Australian guy with the desk next to me, came to church with me the other day. He has been before, and he seems to like it.
There’s a new guy who sits in the desk on the other side of me who is from Dublin, his name is Keith, and he only comes on Fridays. He’s lived here for about 11 years, and he seems like a pretty cool guy.
I bought a way cool helmet tonight, I’m excited to wear it tomorrow.

I’ve been put in charge as the diction coach for the National English Drama Competition Team, it's kind of cool. They're doing an oriental rendition of "The Emporer's New Clothes."

1 comments:

brigham said...

That sounds really cool, good call on posting a picture of your helmet that makes ua all feel a little bit better about the scooter. You can still get parylized but you won't die. That is awsome about your friend from Austrailia.